THE need for an extensive collection of diagrams and explanations of MECHANICAL Motions has long been felt seriously by artisans, inventors, and mechanical arts students.
It was the knowledge of this want that induced the compilation of the collection here presented.
The movements it contains have already been illustrated and represented in occasional installments scattered through five volumes of the AMERICAN ARTISAN, through which the readers were published Received with too much enthusiasm, as was expected to justify the cost of their replication in a separate volume with some examination.
The selection of the movements embraced in this collection was made from numerous and different sources.
Johnson, Willcock, Wylson, and Denison’s English works were drawn on to a considerable extent, and many other works — American and foreign — were laid under contribution;
However, more than one-fourth of the movements — many of solely American origin have never appeared in any published compilation before.
Although the set contains about three times as many movements as ever in any previous American publication and a considerably larger number than ever in any international one, it was not the compiler’s aim to simply swell the number;
But he has endeavored to select only such as may be of real practical value; And with this end in view, he has rejected many which are found in nearly all the previously published collections,
But which he has considered only applicable to some exceptional want.
- Mechanical Engineer’s Pocket Book
- Diagnosing And Replacing A Mechanical Fuel Pump
- Basic of Mechanical Engineering
- Concave Roof Collects Rain Water And Also Keeps Your House Cool | Innovation Discoveries
- Otto cycle and its Processes
- AirLock Is A Tire Pump And A Bike Lock Combined Into One Gadget
- How To Check Fuel Pressure For Fuel Pump Testing
- FUEL SYSTEM: COMPONENTS, WORKING PRINCIPLES, SYMPTOMS AND EMISSION CONTROLS